This is the standard vegetable side, and something you’ll never be able to escape at a big family-style table. Spoiler alert, somebody is going to order it. But we’re not mad — it’s a flavorful way to get some veggies into your day, and a nice switch-up from the usual cold salads. You can whip this dish up in a few minutes, and figure out your own subtleties over time.
- 1 pound of baby bok choy
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- cooking oil
- salt and white pepper
- Trim the bottoms off the bundles of bok choy and split them into halves or quarters. Make sure they’re relatively the same size so they cook evenly.
- Rinse your bok choy, and get your wok nice and hot before adding about two tablespoons of the oil
- Get the hot wok covered evenly in oil before throwing in all of your garlic
- Immediately add your bok choy. Stir and sauté quickly so as not to burn your garlic
- The vegetables will begin to wilt in less than a minute. Go ahead and toss in the salt, white pepper, and sugar to your own taste
- Plate it immediately, and eat it. Congratulations