Radii is seeking a savvy Social Media Strategist to join its team in the US, preferably the San Francisco Bay Area. This person will primarily oversee our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube accounts to unleash their power to help promote Radii’s content to the most relevant audiences, and to help drive audience and subscriber growth. This position will use data to inform decisions, and requires close collaboration with video producers and Radii’s editorial team to ensure that our content is being released in the most optimal way across our key social platforms and future channels we add.
The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things China. We’re looking for a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills — and someone who keeps a watchful eye on the ever-changing Facebook algorithms and other social media platforms’ best practices.
We look forward to meeting entrepreneurial-minded candidates who are keen on getting on the ground floor of a new digital media venture, have a strong interest in our mission to bridge China to the West, a desire to help write a new narrative for the New China emerging today, and, most importantly, can understand and summarize how and why certain videos and other types content become viral — where did they take off, what makes them special, and why are they worth sharing.
- Manage/assist with day-to-day posting, editing and optimization of content on multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter
- Master Radii’s editorial voice
- Report on content performance, audience segmentation analytics, social media trends, best practices
- Work closely with Radii Editors, making daily recommendations in how to optimize their content for Facebook & other platforms
- Track and teach best practices from personal experience/personal learning and broader industry social media trends that can be applied cross-platform and in our content verticals
- Generate new ideas for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter — and to other channels we may become active in later on, like Snapchat, Tumblr, or Pinterest
- Knowledge of Weibo, WeChat, Youku and other China social media platforms a plus
- Assist with management of Facebook Live and video pitches, video creation, and postings
- Contribute and write trending stories with a keen eye on the evolving social media landscape
- Engage with our Facebook community and others, spearheading crowd-sourced projects to build relationships with our audience.
- A minimum requirement of 2-3 years of social media at an agency or in-house digital media company, or fast-paced editorial background
- Basic understanding of analytics and experience optimizing content
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong editorial judgement
- Proven social media experience and data analysis skills
- Be a self-motivated person who isn’t afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves
- Understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and why content on those platforms became popular
- Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet and millennial trends
- Keen interest in China and our mission
- Excellent organizational skills, focus, and attention to detail
- An enthusiastic work ethic
- An established ability to synthesize and communicate information quickly
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you’d be a good fit for this particular position and your experience with social media.
- If selected to move forward in the process, be prepared to (1) discuss pieces of Radii content and other favorite content that you feel have performed particularly well on social media in the past year and (2) writing samples, and (3) potentially completion of an edit test.
- Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
- Prior to an interview, we request writing samples and completion of an edit test, and ask you to provide social media handles
- Attach a resume